Wednesday 18 June 2014

Lowering the Poly-count

My laptop continued to crash as long as I opened the Environment Maya file. So, Lily and I decided to lower the poly count. She had a look at it and together, we saw places where we could lower it.

We decided to remove the paint effects plants(which I never liked). They had an eccentric poly-count.I replaced them these plants.


I also changed the placement of some plants to suit more to our shots.



I removed the sun over the fluffy cloud and added another cloud. The front fences were aligned. Also, the bushes looked a bit too neat. So I had to make them look haphazard.

  

I had forgotten to model a few of the props. The saw, hammer and the bird-feeder.


The environment is ready but because there have been so many changes. I will need to Layout the scenes again. Also, I can only proceed with the lighting only when the texturing is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment